How to make online payment for Passport Application in India: Hello readers, through this article I am going to provide you detailed information about the online payment procedure for a passport for booking appointment/ verification process. You should also note that for appointment booking you must have to submit payment online or through challan mode. You do not get an appointment at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under passport office until you do not pay necessary amount. To pay the amount, you can choose the online mode or you can also make the payment through challan. If you want to make the payment online then, you can use internet banking or credit card/ debit card. Apart from this, you can also make the payment through challan. For complete details about how you can pay the fee amount, you can read below stepwise information.
Payment modes-choose anyone for making payment
- Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard & Visa).
- Internet Banking (State Bank of India (SBI) & Associate Banks Only).
- SBI Bank Challan.
- Note: Payment will not be refunded once you made the payment for availing passport and it will valid for one year.
Applicants using Tatkaal passport category they will have to pay only the fee and it is applicable to Normal Category while making Online Payment. The balance fee for Tatkaal will have to pay in “Cash” at your Passport Seva Kendra OR Passport Office if your Tatkaal application is accepted by the Passport Officials.
Pay using Credit card/Debit Card OR Internet Banking
- Step 1. Open “Schedule Appointment” link and choose the appointment quota (Tatkaal Quota/Normal Quota (necessary only for Tatkaal ARN cases)) then, select the desired Passport Seva Kendra and then click the “Next>>” button.
- Step 2. Press “Pay and Book Appointment “button and it will redirect you to State Bank of India’s MOPS (Multi Option Payment System).
- Step 3. Select the Payment Mode (NET BANKING or CARD PAYMENTS) and go with instructions and complete the payment.
- Step 4. On successful payment, an appointment will be booked against your selected Passport Seva Kendra. You will see “Appointment Confirmation” screen where you can check all your details.
- Step 5. Take a printout of your application receipt and visit the Passport Seva Kendra along with all required documents on the given appointment date.
Pay using a Challan
- Step 1.Click on the link “Pay using Challan” and Generate and print SBI Bank Challan.
- Step 2. Submit the Challan at the nearest SBI branch (after 3 hours of Challan generation) with the application fee.
- Step 3. After 2 working days payment will be reflected. You can use “Track Payment Status” link to check your Payment Status.
- Step 4. Once your payment success simply opens “Schedule Appointment” link to schedule an appointment for passport verification.
- Step 5. Choose the Appointment Quota (Tatkaal Quota or Normal Quota), choose the desired Passport Seva Kendra, and then Book Appointment. An appointment (if available) will book against your selected Passport Seva Kendra.
- Step 6. Take a printout of your application receipt and visit the Passport Seva Kendra along with all required documents on the given appointment date.
Reschedule/Cancel an Appointment
- You can reschedule/ cancel your appointment against your confirmed appointment at Passport Seva Kendra only two times within a year (if it is your appointment date).
- If you have booked an appointment earlier (before activation of Online Payment facility) and now want to reschedule it then, you will have to make online payment as application fee to do so.
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “Online Payment for Passport Application in India”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates about “Online Payment for Passport Application in India”.