How to do New User Online Registration & Appointment on Passport Seva Online: The Online Appointment system for a passport has been introduced by the Indian passport authority to create the hassle-free environment at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSKs) and to save the applicants time and money. On the basis of an Electronic Queue Management System, Passport Seva Kendra (PSKs) allot appointments against the application. So, this kind of management helps them to handle all the applicants easily. If you want to get a passport then you will have to complete some steps while applying for your passport such as you will need to go through registration process to get login id and password, then you will have to fill online or offline passport application form, alternatively you will also need to download e-form, fill the form and upload the filled form on the same portal, you will also need to pay amount for schedule an appointment and at last you will need to visit your nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Through this article, you can get complete and detailed step wise information by which you can get all the knowledge related to the online registration process and Appointment booking process.
How to apply for passport through Passport Seva Online Portal
Step 1: Registration:
- Register through the Passport Seva Online Portal and click on “Register Now” button available on the Home Page.
Step 2: Login:
- Login with the registered Login Id.
Step 3: Fill online Form:
- Click “Apply for Fresh Passport or Re-issue of Passport” link and fill the form and submit it.
Step 5: Pay and Schedule Appointment:
Click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link available on the “View Saved/Submitted Applications” screen to schedule your appointment.
Note: Online Payment is mandatory for appointment of booking at all Passport Seva Kendras or Passport Offices. You can make the payment online by using Net banking, Credit card/Debit Card (MasterCard & Visa) or SBI Bank Challan.
Step 6: Print Application Receipt:
Click on the link “Print Application Receipt” to print the application receipt have Application Reference Number (ARN) or Appointment Number.
Step 7: Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSKs)/Regional Passport Office (RPO):
You will need to visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSKs)/Regional Passport Office (RPO) where your appointment has been booked. You must carry your all original documents at the time appointment.
Detailed Steps for New User Online Registration & Appointment on Passport Seva Online
New User Online Registration
- First visit official website of the Passport Seva Portal which is “passportgov.in”.
- Then, click on “New User?-Register Now”
- A new page will where you will need to provide required details such as your name, date of birth, email id etc. You will also need to set your user id and password also from here. You should also note that if you are applying for a normal passport then, mark ‘Passport Office’ at the top under “Register to apply at”.
- Enter displayed character and then click on Register button.
- Once you click on “Register button”, you will see a registration confirmation message.
- Now, open your mail id and click on the received link in your mail. Your account will be activated after clicking on that link.
- Now login to your account with your user ID and click on submit button.
- You will get the message of your account activation successfully. Now, click on “Login” link.
- Now, the login page will open, type your ‘login Id’ in the box and then click on “Continue” button.
- Type your password and enter displayed character in the given box.
- Then, click on “Login” button to complete further steps.
Fill online application form Fresh Passport
- The applicant home page will open and you will need to click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport”.
- For “Apply for Fresh Passport/ Re-issue of Passport” you can fill passport form in two ways (Alternative1 and Alternative 2).
Alternative1: You will need to download the soft copy of the form from the available link, fill this form in offline mode and upload it from given link.
Alternative 2: From this option, you can fill the application form online.
- So, if you want to fill it online then choose 2nd Passport Type page will open, for normal passport select ‘Fresh Passport’, ‘Normal’ and 36 pages and then click “Next>>” button.
- Now, you will have to fill all the required details such as your name, surname, date of birth, gender, state, district, marital status, employment type, educational details etc. And then click “Next>>” button.
- Fill your family details such as father’s name, mother’s name or Guardian’s name and click “Next>>” button.
- Now, provide your present residential address with duration and fill other required details also and then click “Next>>” button.
- Provide emergency contact details and click “Next>>” button.
- If you are a fresh applicant then tick on “NO” option and click on “Next>>” button.
- Then, tick on “No” option and click on “Next>>” button.
- Now, check and verify all filled details by you and click on “Next>>” button.
- Fill self-declaration form- type place and date, tick “I Agree” box and tick the box of “NO”- see screenshot.
- Then click on “Submit Form” button and you will get your ARN/ Application Reference Number.
Pay and Schedule Appointment
- Now, choose your payment option (Online-Net banking/debit card/credit card or Challan payment) and click “Next>>” and “OK” button. To reach here you can also use “View Saved/ Submitted Application” link in Service category and tick on select button and then click on “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link.
- For schedule, appointment clicks on Next button and then choose the location to check available dates and address, enter the captcha and click on “Next>>” button.
- Then, you will need to click on “Pay and Book Appointment” and pay the required amount.
- You can check the schedule against your submitted application form by clicking “View Saved/ Submitted Application” link in Service category.
- You can click on “Print Application Receipt” from the available link and can check your appointment date.
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “How to do New User Online Registration & Appointment on Passport Seva Online”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates about ‘’ How to do New User Online Registration & Appointment on Passport Seva Online”.